Visitor Photography Guidelines
All paying guests and Philbrook Members are welcome to take photographs of the Museum, the collection and Gardens, using handheld still or video cameras, under the following guidelines:
- No flash photography, please.
- Visitors may photograph artworks and objects, unless otherwise posted.
- Images are for personal use only and must not be reproduced for commercial purposes. Additional policies for professional and non-professional posed photography or videography can be found in the Open-Hour Photography Permit guidelines below.
- Photography must not interfere with the enjoyment of other guests.
- Philbrook Museum of Art and its employees are not responsible for loss or damages to cameras or similar items.
- Posed sessions are permitted in the Gardens during open hours with the purchase of an Open-Hours Photography Permit. See Open-Hour Photography Permit for details. Indoor photo sessions are not permitted during regular operating hours
- Dressing rooms are not available and restrooms may not be used for changes of clothes.
To preserve the art, grounds, facility and for visitor safety:
- Props are not allowed, including but not limited to: flowers, balloons, signage costume masks and pets.
- Moving or rearranging furniture, artwork, fixtures or planted material is not allowed.
- Tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, and miscellaneous camera equipment are not allowed.
- Be considerate of other guests. Access to pathways and garden areas should not be blocked.
- Please do not climb on the stonework, rocks, walls, fountains, trees, sculptures, the cultivated hillsides, planted embankments or into the creek.
- Please stay on the designated paths in the formal gardens for your own safety.
- Philbrook reserves the right to limit access to areas of the Museum and Gardens.
Philbrook will consider all student photography and filming projects. Visitor Photography Guidelines also apply to student projects, unless otherwise arranged. In addition:
- A written proposal should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the proposed photography or filming date. Proposals may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal should include at least the following details: school name, how many students will be participating, all equipment, anticipated amount of time needed, and what the project is.
- A valid student ID is required at check-in.
Open-Hours Photography Permit
Visitors wishing to conduct posed photography sessions (portrait, prom, group, proposal, etc.) in the Gardens during regular museum hours may do so with the purchase of an Open-Hours Photography Permit.
- Permits are available to groups of up to 10 people (includes photographers) for $50/hour. If the 1-hour timeframe is exceeded, guests may incur additional fees at check-out.
- Permits are intended for non-professional photographers. For more information about professional photography options, please contact Philbrook’s Guest Experience Coordinator at (918) 748-5347.
- A single tripod or monopod and a single reflecting screen are permitted in addition to a camera and camera bag. Additional equipment and changes of clothing are not permitted.
- Permits are non-exclusive and contingent on availability. Philbrook reserves the right to limit the number of photographers and limit access to certain areas of the Gardens and grounds at any time during a session.
- Photography sessions are not permitted in the Galleries. The Terrace is accessed via the Gardens. Visitors are welcome to tour; General Admission fees apply.
Groups of 10+ should call in advance to schedule and may be asked to schedule an After-Hours Photography Session. For more information about large group photography and for After-Hours Photography Session pricing, please contact Philbrook’s Guest Experience Coordinator at (918) 748-5347.
- Visitors may take photos, free of charge, on the Museum’s Front Lawn during regular business hours.
- Last permit will be sold one hour before close.
- All sales are final. In the event of weather, special events, garden maintenance or facility repairs, Philbrook reserves the right to reschedule any session at a mutually convenient time.
After-Hours Photography Session
Professional photographers wishing to conduct posed photo sessions at Philbrook should obtain an annual Photography Membership or book an After-Hours Photography Session. After-Hours Sessions are also available to non-professional photographers. Full policies and guidelines are provided during the booking process.
- After-Hours sessions are $250 for up to 2 hours of access to the gardens only. All fees are non-refundable and must be paid in full before the scheduled session. In the event of inclement weather or other conflicts, sessions may be rescheduled upon request.
- In order to book a session, the client or photographer must complete the After-Hours Session Photography Agreement Form and photographers must submit proof of coverage of liability insurance. Please contact the Guest Experience Projects Coordinator at email@example.com for the required documents.
- Sessions are limited to Morning Sessions (7am-9am, Wednesday through Sunday) and Evening Sessions (5pm-Dusk, Wednesday through Sunday and excluding Friday).
- Sessions are non-exclusive and contingent on availability.
- Pre-approved photography equipment, props and changes of clothes are permitted.
For more information or to book an After-Hours Session, please contact Philbrook’s Guest Experience Projects Coordinator at 918-748-5347 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sessions should be booked at least two-weeks in advance.
If you have questions or if you are looking for a photo shoot site and are unsure how to categorize your photography, please contact the Philbrook Guest Experience Team at (918) 748-5300.
To book a Photography Session or for more information about Photography Membership, please contact Philbrook’s Guest Experience Coordinator at (918) 748-5347.