General admission for youth 17 & under is always free! If you are purchasing general admission advance tickets online, please be sure to reserve a $0 ticket for each attendee aged 17 & under, in addition to your adult admission tickets. Many of our programs and events have limited capacity.
Families at Philbrook
Whether you’re exploring and playing in the gardens, or engaging with artwork in our galleries, Philbrook is a great way to connect as a family. Check out all the fun things you can do together!
Family Quick Facts & Info
Admission for Children
Museums for All Admission Discount Program
Museums are for everyone, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. Philbrook participates in Museums for All, which provides $1 general admission for up to 4 adults for those participating in SNAP, TANF, WIC, or SoonerCare. Simply show your verification at the front desk for discounted general admission for yourself and up to 3 other adults. Remember- kids are always free at Philbrook!
Restrooms for Everyone
These restrooms are gender-inclusive and are intended for use by anyone who prefers or requests access to a private restroom. This may include people with medical needs or disabilities, caretakers, non-binary people, transgender people, families, parents with children of the opposite gender, or anyone with a need or want for privacy. All visitors are of course also welcome to use our public restrooms.
Nursing mothers are welcome to nurse in any public space at Philbrook. If you would prefer to nurse in a private area, please visit the Front Desk and a member of Guest Experience will be happy to show you to a private space.
Every restroom at Philbrook is equipped with a baby-changing station.
Strollers are allowed in the galleries and gardens. For the safety of all visitors and to protect the art, children may not be carried on the back or shoulders of an adult. Child carriers that attach to the front are permitted.
Food and Drink
Snacks, lunches, picnics, etc. are welcome in the Philbrook Gardens.Currently the shop has limited snacks and water available for purchase. Kitchen 27 is open from 10-2pm and 5-9pm on Fridays, featuring Brunch during the day, Burger Night on Fridays. Children’s menus are available. In case of cold or inclement weather, snacks, food and drink are also permitted in public areas that are not art galleries such as the Rotunda, Mabee Lobby, and restroom lobbies.
If picnicking in the Gardens please abide by the following guidelines:
- We recommend you bring a blanket! A few picnic tables may be available but they are first-come, first-served.
- Please cleanup after yourself. All food and trash must be disposed of or taken with you when you leave.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Glass bottles and containers are not permitted.
Upcoming EventsView All
Superfun SaturdaysSaturdays get superfun at Philbrook! Join us three times a year for BIG fun throughout the museum and galleries. Meet artists and creatives, get messy, and have a blast with your family and friends on these very special days. View Calendar
Singalong SaturdaysJoin us in the Philbrook Gardens for fun full-length concerts with Hot Toast Music Co. to get you movin’ and groovin’ as a family.View Calendar
Saturday Open StudioExperiment and get messy making art in the Studio Lab during Open Studio Hours. While Studio Lab is open all week, we bring out the extra fun, extra messy materials on Saturdays. View Calendar
Dream LabExperience the Dream Lab: an otherworldly, interactive space to explore color, light, and shadow. The Dream Lab invites imaginative experiments and all-ages play.
Virtual Program: Family Art ClubJoin Ms. Jenny from the Philbrook Learning and Audience Engagement Department and discover fun new ways to make art at home.Watch Online
Weekly Activities at Philbrook
- Wednesdays: Little Garden Explorers for kids under 5 from 9:30a.m. – 11:30a.m.
- Thursdays: Storytime in the Garden at 10:00am (through the year, subject to inclement weather)
- Fridays: Family Nature Walk + Nature Fun Fridays at 10:00-11:30am (through the year, subject to inclement weather)
- Saturdays: Join us on Saturdays for all-ages fun in the galleries and Gardens.
Every Day: Visit the Zink Rotunda kiosk for self-guided scavenger hunts, garden exploration prompts, sketching activities, and more!
Everyday Family Activities
- Experience the Dream Lab, an otherworldly, interactive space to explore color, light, and shadow. The Dream Lab invites imaginative experiments and all-ages play.
- Studio Lab: Channel inspiration from the Gardens and galleries into your own art in this outdoor art studio.
- Whenever you visit Philbrook you’ll find a changing selection of self-guided scavenger hunts, sketching prompts, and more available on our Zink Rotunda kiosk. Out in the gardens, find hands-on nature play opportunities such as fort building and mud-pie-making in our mud kitchen!
- Try This: study plants and wildlife, go on a scavenger hunt, get inspired in the gardens, look closely in the galleries, write a story or a poem, make art, swing on the swings.
- Bring Along: books, sketchbooks & art supplies, binoculars, magnifying glasses or handheld microscopes, musical instruments, picnic/snacks, blankets, hammocks/camp chairs
Tips for Experiencing the Museum with Your Family
Before Your Visit
- Talk to your kids about your upcoming trip to the museum and what they can expect: an indoor and outdoor museum. While touching the artwork is not permitted, there will be opportunities to play and have fun together.
- On any given day, there are multiple events happening at the museum. Check out the events happening on our calendar before you go to see if there are any activities you’d like to include in your plans for the day.
- Visiting a new space can be exciting—and tiring. Use the museum map to decide what to see in an hour or two.
When You Arrive
- Take your time. Choose a gallery, see which work of art catches your eye, and slow down to take a closer look. Don’t worry about trying to see everything in one visit.
- Here’s some easy ways to get the conversation flowing:
- Find a work of art that tells a story. Who are the characters? What do you think happened before? What do you think will happen next?
- Refer to as many of the five senses as possible. For example, “What would it sound like if you were in the work of art? How would it feel on your skin?”
- Listen to and follow your family’s cues and interests. Share your ideas about the artwork as well.
- Here’s some easy ways to get the conversation flowing:
- Sometimes people think they have to be quiet in a museum. That’s not the case here! We invite you to talk, laugh, and share ideas about what you see and notice.
- Stay together. Kids under the age of 14 must stay with their grownup. Older teens are welcome to independently explore as long as their adult remains onsite and everyone has a meetup plan.
- There are plenty of great spaces out in our gardens to stop and have a picnic. Take a break and head outside! Enjoy the flowers and sculptures and give your family a chance to explore nature.
After Your Family’s Visit
- What does your family want to learn more about? What sparked their curiosity and imagination?
- Ask questions about your visit, such as “What was your favorite thing we did today?” or “What do you want to go back and do?”
- Don’t forget to periodically check out our online calendar. There’s always something new to do at Philbrook!
Camp Philbrook 2022
Safe Setup. Small Classes. Super Fun.
The beloved Tulsa summer tradition returns! Camp Philbrook offers a unique opportunity for children ages 5-11 to work with local artists and outdoor educators to make art and explore nature. Move beyond lanyards and popsicle sticks, and give the children in your life an unforgettable summer experience exploring ideas, getting messy in the studio and gardens, making art, and having a ton of FUN.