The Venerate Outpost.
Philbrook is proud to partner with award-winning artist Karl Unnasch to present “SLUMGULLION (The Venerate Outpost),” a full-scale log cabin built from the skeleton of a late-1800s pioneer home.
At night, the cabin glows from within, thanks to:
- Stained glass windows made from locally donated glass
- Colorfully tiled roof (made from t-shirts dipped in a durable resin)
- More than 100 found-glass lamps donated by the community
- Multi-colored fabric chinking between the logs
- LED lighting embedded into the fabric chinking
This permanent installation will inspire and facilitate programming, creating a gathering space both natural and enchanting. “SLUMGULLION” provides a highly aesthetic and intriguing space for a new genre of provocative and rewarding experiences.
The project is made possible with generous support from The George Kaiser Family Foundation, The George & Wanda Brown Foundation, and Melton Truck Lines.