Singalong Saturdays: If You Want To Be Strong
There are so many things to learn in Hot Toast Music Co.’s songs each week. Let’s learn together and make discoveries! Each week’s Singalong Saturdays will include ways to connect ideas in the songs to fun at-home activities you can do together as a family. Simple activities are multidisciplinary and appropriate for a wide variety of learners. They include storytime, artmaking, science explorations, film suggestions, discussion prompts, and more!
Play Along: If You Want To Be StrongDownload Activity Guide
Take a Look!
Superheroes have courage, and you can too! “Have Courage and Be Fearless” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1CxKPrK5GY )
Sing Along with Mister Rogers in “Be Brave, Be Strong” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVT4zylzBCo )
Talk About It!
Having courage and being brave takes practice. Think about the questions below and how you can become more courageous. You are strong!
- When in my life have I shown courage?
- What area of my life do I need more courage right now?
- Who can I ask for help to show courage?
Creative Challenge: Superheroes are BRAVE
Popsicle Stick Superhero
Create a tiny superhero version of yourself with a shield and design that represents something you believe in!
What you will need:
- Popsicle stick
- Assorted paper
- Fabric Scrap
- Cut out the shape of the hair, face, shield, and emblem to go on the front. Think of what you believe in to represent your super hero. Do you believe in love, peace, equality, fairness or being kind to others? Think of a design that means those things to you.
- Once you have your little pieces cut, you will want to assemble them onto your popsicle stick using glue. Super glue or hot glue works best.
- Find a piece of fun fabric to add for the cape on the back!
Now you have a tiny pocket-sized superhero version of yourself that you can look to when you need to feel brave!