Spring Break Camp: Act One! (Ages 9-12)
Monday, March 13
9:00am – 4:00pm
March 13-17, 9am-4pm
$250 Member Youth
$300 Member Youth + Before & After-Care*
$325 Youth + Before & After-Care*
Act One is a full day, weeklong camp that will introduce your camper to the theater arts. Come explore writing, performing, stage and costume design with artist Bailey Huerta. We will celebrate at the end of the week with a stage performance in Philbrook’s auditorium.
Daily Camp Itinerary:
7:45am: Before-Care Begins*
8:45am: AM Camp Check-In
9am-12pm: AM Camp Session
1-4pm: PM Camp Session
4pm: PM Camp Concludes & Pick-Up
5:30pm: After-Care Pick-Up*
About the Teaching Artist: Bailey Huerta
Bailey Huerta-Shaw has worked with kids teaching art and acting for over 6 years. Bailey graduated from Oklahoma City University with a BFA in acting and directing. While at OCU she worked in and alongside many productions. Her belief is that theater can strengthen self-confidence, as well create a new appreciation for the arts. Bailey is extremely passionate about theater and is excited to be teaching Theater for Young Audiences here at Philbrook.
What to Expect
A day at Camp Philbrook starts in our studios, but we quickly use the whole museum: art, gardens, etc. to explore what it means to be a creative thinker and maker. Our workshops are geared towards getting messy, working together and making space for every child’s ideas.
Here are a few things to know:
- We offer before and after-care, which can be purchased with your camp ticket
- All-Day campers need to bring a peanut-free lunch from home.
- We have Goldfish crackers as morning snack and afternoon snack built into each camp session. Campers are welcome to bring their own peanut-free snack from home if they would like.
- We use the whole museum, which means we spend ample time outside when the weather permits. Please pack a water bottle daily and arrive wearing sunscreen and bug spray.
- Your days at Philbrook will be filled with creative energy and fun! Please make sure to dress for mess and outdoor exploration.
*Before & After-Care
Before & After-Care is offered for each week of Art Camp for an additional $50 per child. With the addition of Before & After-Care to your ticket, you may drop your child off as early as 7:45am and pick your child up at the end of the day between 4:00pm and 5:30pm.
All sales are final. Tickets, Memberships, and Donations are nonrefundable. Select ticketed events will be exchangeable. View our full Refund & Ticketing Policy for more information.
For information on wheelchair access or other accessibility matters, please visit the Accessibility page.
Visit a member of Philbrook’s Guest Experience Team at the front desk or call us at (918) 748-5300 for questions or additional information.